Trekking Tour: Nevado Pisco & Chopicalqui – 7 Days
✈️ Search Flights
💎 Why we love it ?
Climb Pisco & Chopicalqui in the Cordillera Blanca. This is an ideal trekking tour for climbers with some experience who are looking to improve and better their mountain climbing skills. Hone your knowledge and skills on Pisco before progressing to the more technically challenging Chopicalqui.
🏁 Tour Itinerary: Trekking Tour: Nevado Pisco & Chopicalqui – 7 Days
Day 1: Huaraz – Llanganuco Lakes – Cebollapampa – Lake 69 – Pisco Base Camp (L, D)
You’ll start walking from Cebollapampa (3,900m) for around 5-6h to the base camp (4670m) or the Pisco Refugio. In the afternoon you’ll receive a short briefing, and check-up on the group and personal equipment is the focus for the next day’s summit.
🏚️ Accommodation: Camp or Refugio.
Day 2: Base Camp – Summit – Base Camp (B, L, D)
Waking up at around 1:00 a.m and after a very light breakfast, you’ll start to walk by the moraine for approx. 2.5 hours than over the glacier for 4 hours until reaching the summit around the time of sunrise. The moraine is a bit rocky but as soon as you make the Glacier it becomes much lighter the hike.
The route offers amazing views: Huandoy Mountains, Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Chacraraju, Alpamayo, Arteson. Pisco’s Summit offers one of the best views in the entire Cordillera Blanca. Then returning back to the base camp by the same route to spend one further night there.
🏚️ Accommodation: Camping.
Day 3: Base Camp – Cebollapampa – Base Camp Chopicalqui (B, L, D)
You’ll have breakfast at 7:00 a.m. approx, after breakfast taking a 2h walk down to Cebollapampa from where you’ll take another trail to the base camp of Chopicalqui, trekking for about 4 hours.
🏚️ Accommodation: Camping.
Day 4: Base Camp – Morraine Camp (4,700m) – (B, L, D)
After breakfast at Base Camp, you’ll hike up to the Moraine Camp for about 4 hours, during this hike you’ll enjoy the splendid view in the north site like Pisco, Huandoys, and Chacraraju peaks, lunch along the way.
After arriving at the camp in the afternoon we will check our climbing equipment for the next day, and early dinner and overnight Camping at (4,700m).
🏚️ Accommodation: Camping.
Day 5: Morraine Camp – Camp 1 of Chopicalqui (5,500m) – (B, L, D)
After breakfast, you’ll climb up for about 40 minutes over the rocky paths to reach the glacier, where you’ll put your climbing gear on to start climbing for about 3 hours to Camp 1.
Here you’ll enjoy the splendid views of immense peaks like Chacraraju, Huandoys, etc. overnight over the glacier at (5,500m).
🏚️ Accommodation: Camping.
Day 6: Camp 1 – Summit Chopicalqui – Morraine Camp (4,700m) – (B, L, D)
This day is the most important and a little hard to climb. You’ll leave at 1:00 am in the morning after a light breakfast, climbing for about 5 to 06 hours to the summit (6,354m). Along the way, you’ll find steep walls to climb co-operating with your mountain guide.
After enjoying the views of Huascaran, Huandoys, Contrahierba, Pisco, Chacraraju mountains; immediately you’ll begin descending the same route by rappelling and then trekking back to Camp 01, where our cook will be waiting with hot drinks and something to eat.
Then you’ll pack your gear and continue climbing down to Moraine Camp for about 2 more hours arriving around 4:00 pm.
🏚️ Accommodation: Camping at (4700m).
Day 7: Moraine Camp – Base Camp – Huaraz (B, L, D)
After the last breakfast in the Moraine Camp of Chopicalqui, you’ll descend to the Base Camp for about 1 hour half. Continuing down to the highway called Curva de Chopicalqui, where our transfer will be waiting for us, from here to Yungay will take 2 hours.
Along this route, you’ll pass the Llanganuco lake and then arriving at the Huascaran National Park Control. Afterward, you’ll continue traveling along the Callejon de Huaylas to Huaraz for another 1 hour more. Arriving at Huaraz around 17:00 hrs approximately.
Transfer to the Hotel then meeting for dinner in the evening.
Terms & Conditions
Refunds & Cancellation Policy for Unu Raymi Expeditions E.I.R.L
Our refunds and cancellation policy is as follows:
Cancellation fee: $35 (plus any trip resource costs paid & bank charges to be incurred) then
60 days prior to arrival: 60% of total trip price (if paid in full, pro-rated for a deposit payment)
59 – 31 days prior to arrival: 50% refund of total trip price
30 – 8 days prior to arrival: 40% refund of total trip price
7 – 0 days prior to arrival: 0% refund of total trip price
NOTE: Refunds percentages are based on 100% of the trip price. Please note that flight purchases are not included in the above table and the refund of any flights is subject to the cancellation/refunds policy of the individual airline, nor are any other non-refundable resources purchased as part of the trip. If circumstances beyond the control of the traveller prevents the traveller in participating in the tour, the tour’s normal cancellation terms shall still apply.
CFFT: We now offer credit for future travel (CFFT), as a means of replanning your trip in the event of unforeseen circumstances (travel that is impacted by pandemias, travel bans etc.) that delays your arrival, requires postponement for a short period or will require entirely changing the dates of your trip for another year. We offer as much flexibility as we can, and reservations with hotels & domestic airlines will be altered in-line with their own reservation policies to fit the re-programming of your trip.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Our terms to confirm a reservation are to take a deposit up-front to secure the trip, a deposit can be between 20 – 50% of the trip value, depending on the complexity of the trip and the resources required.
- A deposit is due once a trip plan has been agreed in full by both parties, and the trip balance to be paid in full at least 5 weeks prior to trip departure to ensure all resources are secured for the trip.
- We ask for the full trip price to be paid 5 weeks prior to arrival to finalise all of the trip reservations before a pre-agreed departure date.
- If you are interested in taking a trip with us, you will have read and understood all the points of the booking terms & conditions that are stipulated on this page. This is inclusive of bookings or reservations through the following booking agents: TripAdvisor, Viator, Bookmundi, Expedia, Tourradar, Tourhub, Tripways or any other third party booking agent not mentioned here.
- If you sign off a trip deal with us, you are automatically accepting the booking conditions for yourself (your party). Your payment of a deposit is taken as confirmation of your acknowledgement of the terms & conditions on this page.
- Your booking will be accepted and becomes valid only when we send you a confirmation email or an invoice.
- Only when we do this will a contract come into existence between Unu Raymi Expeditions and yourself (your party), and will commence from the date stated in the email or the invoice.
- As a traveller with us, you will accept the decisions that are made by us for the operation of your trip & the decisions made by our guides and leaders of Unu Raymi Expeditions during your trip.
- If there is any person whose health or conduct prior to or after departing for the tour, seems to endanger the comfort, safety and happiness of the rest of the clients, then that person may be excluded from the entire tour or certain parts of it.
- If the health of a traveller is not fit or suffers during the trip, then Unu Raymi Expeditions will make necessary arrangements for them, but this is not mandatory. Any additional costs associated with this treatment will be incurred by the traveller(s) themselves, though costs will be minimised by the use of our own licensed nurse.
- If a traveller does something that is illegal, they will be excluded from the tour and the company will have no responsibility for them.
- If you have a specific medical condition that can affect the enjoyment of other people or prevent you from participating in the tour, please let us know about it when you book a trip.
- No refunds are made for those facilities or services that have not been used. As a traveller, it is your own responsibility to have a valid passport, visa permit and necessary medicines on you during the tour. We will provide you with the latest information on these items and matters, but we have no liability towards them.
- Should you change or alter the dates of your trip we reserve the right to amend any previously agreed plan based on the best course for the time of season & logistical requirements to deliver the trip (this may involve a revision of trip pricing).
- Travel or adventure insurance is the responsibility of the traveller to provide for themselves for the duration of the trip services.
- Public liability & indemnity insurance is not available in Peru as a service, therefore is it down to the individual or group party to ensure they are insured and make adequate provision for accidents or incidents that may occur during your agreed trip plan with Unu Raymi Expeditions.
- Unu Raymi Expeditions is not liable for any additional extras incurred relating to medical treatment, evacuation costs or additional services related to accidents or incidents that may occur during your trip with us.
Fitness Levels & Age
- Before you book a tour, you must be absolutely sure that you have the requisite fitness level and would be able to complete your entire chosen travel itinerary. Any activity at altitude can be strenuous so we highly recommend you are well prepared & ready for your trip before arrival.
- If your age is more than 60 years, we highly recommend you to obtain medical advice that you have acceptable strength and fitness.
- Unu Raymi Expeditions will not permit any person less than 18 years of age or a minor to travel unaccompanied.
Ill Health or Disability
- If you are suffering from any illness or a disability, undergoing a medical treatment of some sort or have any other medical issues that the company should know about, you will have to let us know when you make your booking.
- Clearly state the nature of your condition and submit a request for any medication or treatment that you may need during the tour. In case you fail in informing us about such a situation, it would imply that you have breached these booking conditions which may result in your being exempted from the tour. In all these cases, no refunds are made whatsoever. Moreover, if your tour features include something like transportation via boat, you should let the company know if you cannot swim when you book the tour.
- You will not be stopped from going on the tour, but the details will let Unu Raymi Expeditions make arrangements for measures that provide you with additional safety.
Visas, Passport and Vaccinations
- As a traveller, it is entirely your own responsibility to have a valid passport, visa permit and required medicines for you (your party) during your tour.
- We will provide you with the latest information on these matters, but you accept that we have no liability towards them.
- Occasionally, as part of a trip plan, we may need to outsource operations to a third partner. These will be operators of very good reputation that we know and work with.
- All parts of any trip plan that are to be outsourced will be clearly communicated during the trip planning process.
- We reserve the right to alter, amend, postpone or cancel services arising from circumstances outside of our control (for example, but not limited too – local strikes affecting transport passage, severe or adverse weather conditions, pandemias etc.). In these kind of circumstances we will always to seek to find the best available alternative for your trip.
- We reserve the right to act in a manner that is responsible & delivers the security of your trip so as not to incur or present any significant risk or danger to your health & safety.
- Unu Raymi Expeditions will use the personal information you (your party) provide us with for organising all of your travel arrangements. Occasionally we may have to pass it on to our suppliers (if required for your trip) so that we are able to fulfill operations of the services which you have requested.
- However, we will endeavor to protect your information at all times, and use it only for official purposes for that which is necessary.
- Your receipt of a trip deposit is acknowledgement & acceptance of these terms and confirms that you (your party) have taken ample time to read the Booking Terms and Conditions. You also confirm that you (your party) have fully understood all the clauses and provide consent to all of them.
- You accept that any written or promotional material received or taken prior to, during & after your trip with us (photo media, videos, comments, communication etc.) bearing your name or image can be used by Unu Raymi Expeditions for promotional purposes in relation to business only.
There are no inquiries yet.