8 Days Desert Tour from Casablanca to Marrakech
✈️ Flights to Marrakech (RAK)
💎 Why we love it ?
8 Days Desert Tour from Casablanca to Marrakech is perfect for travelers looking for a fast-paced trip, this short but sweet adventure offers up a great combination of Morocco’s must-see highlights and a little free time to explore on your own. Tour the dunes from atop a camel for an authentic way to experience the Sahara, explore high-walled kasbahs, and wander the labyrinthine alleys of Fès and Marrakech, all allowing you to discover the history and rugged natural beauty of mysterious Morocco.
🏁 Tour Itinerary: 8 Days Desert Tour from Casablanca to Marrakech
Day 1: Pick it up from Casablanca Airport – Drop it off at Your Accommodation
Please note that this tour does not spend any time in Casablanca. You may wish to come a day early in order to explore Casablanca, and take some time to see its medina, beachfront, and classic examples of Art Deco architecture. Be sure to also visit the spectacular Hassan II Mosque. Entrance is only permitted via guided tours, which operate from Saturday to Thursday at 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, and 15:00, and on Fridays at 9:00, 10:00, and 15:00. These times are subject to change (particularly around Ramadan)
🏚️ Hotel Option: Hôtel Club Val d’Anfa Casablanca or Similar (3-star & 5-Star Hotel is also available on request.)
Day 2: Casablanca – Fes
Start early and drive through the rolling hills to the Roman ruins of Volubilis. Take a guided tour of the best-preserved Roman ruins in this part of Northern Africa, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After, continue to Fès, one of Morocco’s most interesting cities. Take some free time to explore upon arrival. Opt to experience a traditional hammam and get to know the locals.
🏚️ Hotel Option: Riad Ahlam or Similar (3-star & 5-Star Hotel is also available on request.)
Day 3: Full-Day Guided Visit of Fes
After breakfast, a full-day guided tour to discover the historical heritage of Fes city, the tour allows you to explore historical sites such as Madrasa El Bouinania, El Quaraoiyin mosque and university, south tower, pottery village, Nejjarine Square, the residence of the king, Tanners, Jewish quarter and more. free time and Overnight stay in Fes.
Hotel Option: Riad Ahlam or Similar (3-star & 5-Star Hotel is also available on request.)
Day 4: Fes – Merzouga
Start early today for a drive through the Middle Atlas Mountains to reach the edge of the Sahara. Settle into your hotel at the edge of the dunes and enjoy a warm welcome with mint tea. In the late afternoon, take a camel ride deep into the dunes to watch the sunset. Learn to tie a turban to keep the desert sun off your face and add a little flare to photos. This evening, indulge in a traditional dinner, then gather around a campfire under the stars near to your hotel. Listen to stories about life in this region and, perhaps, some traditional music on the drums.
Hotel Option: Tiziri Luxury Desert Camp (5-Star Royal Desert Camp is also available on request.)
Day 5: Merzouga – Todra Gorge
Rise early to watch the sunrise. After breakfast, continue through a stone desert to the stunning Todra Gorge. Wedged between massive cliff walls, the gorge is filled with a green oasis of palm trees. This serene spot is great for hiking, relaxing on the edge of the river, or sampling some local Amazigh (also known as Berber) delicacies.
Hotel Option: Hotel Panoramic Todra or Similar (4-star Hotel is also available on request.)
Day 6: Todra Gorge – Aitben Haddou Kasbah
Travel along the “Route of 1000 Kasbahs” to the thriving town of Ouarzazate for a lunch stop. This town is home to Atlas Film Studios, where many films have been shot over the years, including Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator. Continue on to the fascinating and beautiful Aït Ben Haddou, a wonderful example of a kasbah.
Hotel Option: Hotel Kasbah El Hajja or Similar.
Day 7: Aitben Haddou – Marrakech
The journey to Marrakech includes breathtaking views throughout the High Atlas Mountains via the Tizi n’Tichka Pass (2260m). Arrive in Marrakech in time for lunch with the rest of the day free to wander the city.
Hotel Option: Riad Palais Calipau or Similar (3-star and 5-Star Riad are also available on request.)
Day 8: Marrakech -Transfer to the Airport
Depart at any time.
Terms & Conditions
- The copyright in the material on this website rests with Morocco Private Tours. Your access to it does not imply a licence to reproduce and /or distribute without the prior written approval of Morocco Private Tours.
- All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may not modify copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website.
- You may only download to your own personal computer for viewing purposes and print out pages from this website for your own personal use.
Terms and Conditions:
- Booking a tour with Morocco Private Tours, you will be accepting these conditions on behalf of yourself and all other persons using our services pursuant to a booking made by you.
- Once you agree all aspects of the proposal, Morocco Private Tours will raise an invoice with payment details. Your booking will be confirmed when we receive a deposit of 20% to 30% of the total invoice.
- Invoice balance (less deposit) can be paid by cash on .
- If it is not possible to make changes to your booking, for whatever reason, you have the choice of proceeding with your holiday as originally booked or canceling and paying the cancellation charges as mentioned below.
- Please notify us, in writing, as soon as possible if you need to cancel your travel arrangements. The cancellation charge depends on the number of days between receiving your written cancellation and the start date of your trip:
If you cancel within 30 days or more – only the deposit is payable.
If you cancel less than 30 days ahead – No refund is payable (payment in full required)
- If war, threat of war, civil unrest, closure of airports, industrial action, threatened or actual terrorist activities or any other event (condition are defined by the Commonwealth and Foreign Office in London, and not the State Department in Washington) outside the control of the Morocco Private Tours, either delays or extends the holiday or compels a change in the holiday arrangements during the holiday, we cannot accept liability for any resulting loss, damage or expense and no refunds will be made.
- If you have any special requirements (dietary, medical, wheelchair assistance or others) you must inform us before you confirm your booking. We will pass the information onto our suppliers to ensure safe and enjoyable holidays.
- Please let us know of any preferences that you might have while making the reservation (hotel locations, bed configurations, and others) and we will try to accommodate all your requests. No compensation will be paid if such requests are not fulfilled.
- Our cars are registered and fully insured as tourist vehicles to carry the appropriate number of passengers.
- It is compulsory that all members of your party are covered by insurance appropriate to the visit and it is the lead passenger who is responsible for ensuring that all members of the party have adequate and appropriate insurance for the trip.
- The insurance must as a minimum provide adequate cover for loss of effects (including money and passport); personal accident; medical expenses; repatriation should you become too ill to continue, including international medical emergency service and air ambulance service costs (the policy must include a minimum cover of €5,000 for medical and repatriation expenses); and all other expenses, which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience. We also strongly recommend cancellation insurance.
- Clients should also check that their insurance policy covers the activities that they will undertake, such as horse & camel riding, trekking, quad bikes etc., noting that some of these activities may be over rough terrain and be at altitudes in excess of 2,000m.
- We assume no responsibility whatsoever for personal injury, illness, damage, death or loss incurred during your trip.
- Morocco Private Tours Tour Operator endeavours to ensure that all aspects of your tour meet your expectations, however, we act only as an agent and cannot be held responsible for the actions of carriers, property owners, providers or organisers of activities, guides, and transport. We are not responsible for events outside our reasonable control or if there has been no fault by Morocco Private Tours. You should understand that safety standards of accommodation and suppliers of local services may not be the same standard as your home country.
- Please note that all aspects of your itinerary are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond our control, based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, weather, road conditions, vehicle maintenance issues and driver illness. We reserve the right to make last minute changes to your tour in such cases and stress that the driver has the authority to make decisions regarding the logistics of your tour based on his experience and “on the ground” knowledge.
- Onward Connections – Whilst we will use our local knowledge and experience to ensure you meet your connection for onward travel, we cannot be held responsible for delays caused by unforeseen circumstances or events out of our control. In general, we strongly advise that your onward connection is booked for the day following the day your tour with us ends.
- Bicycle hire – For all persons participating in cycling activities please be aware that the availability of protective headgear can vary from destination to destination and therefore we cannot guarantee that headgear will be provided or will be to the same standard as those available in your home country. We invite you to bring your own headgear with you.
- You have responsibility for ensuring the possession of valid required travel documents. Your passport must be valid for the date of your return and should contain a blank page for the visa on arrival stamp. You should also have a return ticket booked. Visa requirements differ country to country and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that all passport and visa requirements are met prior to arrival in Morocco and we cannot be held responsible for missed holiday or repatriation costs caused by the failure to meet these requirements.
- We take full responsibility to ensure security measures are in place to secure your private and confidential information that you have provided to us during the booking.
- The information collected from you will be used to make reservations with hotels and third parties, to arrange your travel requirements. We will share your special requirements with relevant suppliers to ensure your safety and enjoyment. In making a booking with us, you consent to this information being passed onto the relevant persons. We reserve the right to use photographs and case studies on our website and social media pages for publicity purposes. If you do not wish us to do so please advise us at the time of booking.
- In the unlikely event that you have reason to complain, please immediately contact your driver/hotel/guide who will do anything possible to resolve the complaint immediately. If this is not possible, please contact our office with details of your complaint. We strongly recommend that you discuss any areas of concern with us at the time in order to give us the opportunity to put things right. We want you to enjoy your holiday and will do everything within our capabilities to make this happen.
There are no inquiries yet.