Lares Valley & Machu Picchu Trek
✈️ Search Flights
💎 Why we love it ?
Lares Valley & Machu Picchu Trek: Embark on a beautiful 2 day Lares Valley trek through traditional native communities where you can see how these populations survive & thrive using local resources. Traditions and cultures exist in this part of the Andes that were alive centuries ago and stay prevalent because of the strong sense of community that permeates throughout the region. Starting at the Hot Springs of the Lares Valley trek, overnight in Ollantaytambo or Aguas Calientes, before heading up to the Inca Citadel. There are 2 entrance times for Machu Picchu – 7am & 12pm. You can also include hikes to Machu Picchu & Huayna Picchu mountain. Returning to Cusco for transfer back to your hotel.
🏁 Tour Itinerary: Lares Valley & Machu Picchu Trek
Day 1: Cusco – Lares Hot Springs – Huacahuasi (L, D)
Setting off from Cusco at 6 am, you’ll weave through the mountain routes of the sacred valley doing a small Sacred Valley tour towards Lares arriving in time for some lunch.
After lunch, you’ll begin trekking from the ‘Bano Termales’ of Lares & following an old Inca trail along the Rio Huacahuasi. The rustic towns and children help you along the way.
On arriving in Huacahuasi you’ll overnight, in this welcoming Quechuan valley town, with the local community.
🏚️ Accommodation: Hostel.
Day 2 – Huacahuasi – Ipsaycocha – Patacchanta (B, L, D)
On leaving Huacahuasi the route weaves through more local ‘poblados’, with glimpses of the Apu Pitusiray Nevada always in the background. Potatoes are being cooked using traditional methods out in the open countryside. Herds of Llamas graze the slopes with valley girls shepherding them high on the mountainsides. Quechua is the native language in these parts of the Andes.
Passing 4,800m the descent then weaves via Ipsaycocha lake, winding down the valley below heading towards Pataccancha. Crop fields here are being harvested by local families. Pathways carved into the hillsides show the way down to Pataccancha where dinner will be prepared.
From here, it’s onwards to Machu Picchu.
🏚️ Accommodation: Campsite.
Day 3 – Machu Picchu: Travel & Exploration (B, L)
At the end of the trek, we finish near a town called Ollantaytambo, at this point, there are a couple of options. You can either spend the night in Ollantaytambo, enjoy this lively little town & the ruins here, then have a leisurely morning the following day, followed by a 1.5hr train journey to Aguas Calientes.
Then you arrive by around mid-afternoon in time for the afternoon session tour of Machu Picchu. This is a more tranquil & serene time to explore the citadel as it is less crowded.
- There are 2 entrance times for Machu Picchu – 7am & 12pm
- You can also include hikes to Machu Picchu & Huayna Picchu mountain
- Head straight to Aguas Calientes directly after the trek. Most take this option if they want to head up to Machu Picchu as early as possible to see the fabled sunrise. This option makes the last day of the trek along with one & the following day also, but both options are available, it really depends on how you’d like to do it.
Built as a seasonal residence for the Inca family, Machu Picchu was rarely home to more than 800 people, and during the royals’ absence, a mere 100 servants would remain at the site to maintain the grounds. Machu Picchu was abandoned 100 years after construction and remained largely hidden to the outside world until the early 20th century.
If there’s time, hike up to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional & depends on ticket availability) for a bird’s eye view of the citadel. Afterward, a tour guide will show you around the site and explain the different buildings and curious corners of the building complex. Approximately one-third of the site has been reconstructed into its original structure, giving visitors a sense of the grandeur and artistry of the original citadel.
After the two-hour tour, take the bus back to Aguas Calientes to connect to your train to Ollantaytambo and your connecting transfer to Cusco.
🚆 Train Ticket to Cusco is included.
Terms & Conditions
Refunds & Cancellation Policy for Unu Raymi Expeditions E.I.R.L
Our refunds and cancellation policy is as follows:
Cancellation fee: $35 (plus any trip resource costs paid & bank charges to be incurred) then
60 days prior to arrival: 60% of total trip price (if paid in full, pro-rated for a deposit payment)
59 – 31 days prior to arrival: 50% refund of total trip price
30 – 8 days prior to arrival: 40% refund of total trip price
7 – 0 days prior to arrival: 0% refund of total trip price
NOTE: Refunds percentages are based on 100% of the trip price. Please note that flight purchases are not included in the above table and the refund of any flights is subject to the cancellation/refunds policy of the individual airline, nor are any other non-refundable resources purchased as part of the trip. If circumstances beyond the control of the traveller prevents the traveller in participating in the tour, the tour’s normal cancellation terms shall still apply.
CFFT: We now offer credit for future travel (CFFT), as a means of replanning your trip in the event of unforeseen circumstances (travel that is impacted by pandemias, travel bans etc.) that delays your arrival, requires postponement for a short period or will require entirely changing the dates of your trip for another year. We offer as much flexibility as we can, and reservations with hotels & domestic airlines will be altered in-line with their own reservation policies to fit the re-programming of your trip.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Our terms to confirm a reservation are to take a deposit up-front to secure the trip, a deposit can be between 20 – 50% of the trip value, depending on the complexity of the trip and the resources required.
- A deposit is due once a trip plan has been agreed in full by both parties, and the trip balance to be paid in full at least 5 weeks prior to trip departure to ensure all resources are secured for the trip.
- We ask for the full trip price to be paid 5 weeks prior to arrival to finalise all of the trip reservations before a pre-agreed departure date.
- If you are interested in taking a trip with us, you will have read and understood all the points of the booking terms & conditions that are stipulated on this page. This is inclusive of bookings or reservations through the following booking agents: TripAdvisor, Viator, Bookmundi, Expedia, Tourradar, Tourhub, Tripways or any other third party booking agent not mentioned here.
- If you sign off a trip deal with us, you are automatically accepting the booking conditions for yourself (your party). Your payment of a deposit is taken as confirmation of your acknowledgement of the terms & conditions on this page.
- Your booking will be accepted and becomes valid only when we send you a confirmation email or an invoice.
- Only when we do this will a contract come into existence between Unu Raymi Expeditions and yourself (your party), and will commence from the date stated in the email or the invoice.
- As a traveller with us, you will accept the decisions that are made by us for the operation of your trip & the decisions made by our guides and leaders of Unu Raymi Expeditions during your trip.
- If there is any person whose health or conduct prior to or after departing for the tour, seems to endanger the comfort, safety and happiness of the rest of the clients, then that person may be excluded from the entire tour or certain parts of it.
- If the health of a traveller is not fit or suffers during the trip, then Unu Raymi Expeditions will make necessary arrangements for them, but this is not mandatory. Any additional costs associated with this treatment will be incurred by the traveller(s) themselves, though costs will be minimised by the use of our own licensed nurse.
- If a traveller does something that is illegal, they will be excluded from the tour and the company will have no responsibility for them.
- If you have a specific medical condition that can affect the enjoyment of other people or prevent you from participating in the tour, please let us know about it when you book a trip.
- No refunds are made for those facilities or services that have not been used. As a traveller, it is your own responsibility to have a valid passport, visa permit and necessary medicines on you during the tour. We will provide you with the latest information on these items and matters, but we have no liability towards them.
- Should you change or alter the dates of your trip we reserve the right to amend any previously agreed plan based on the best course for the time of season & logistical requirements to deliver the trip (this may involve a revision of trip pricing).
- Travel or adventure insurance is the responsibility of the traveller to provide for themselves for the duration of the trip services.
- Public liability & indemnity insurance is not available in Peru as a service, therefore is it down to the individual or group party to ensure they are insured and make adequate provision for accidents or incidents that may occur during your agreed trip plan with Unu Raymi Expeditions.
- Unu Raymi Expeditions is not liable for any additional extras incurred relating to medical treatment, evacuation costs or additional services related to accidents or incidents that may occur during your trip with us.
Fitness Levels & Age
- Before you book a tour, you must be absolutely sure that you have the requisite fitness level and would be able to complete your entire chosen travel itinerary. Any activity at altitude can be strenuous so we highly recommend you are well prepared & ready for your trip before arrival.
- If your age is more than 60 years, we highly recommend you to obtain medical advice that you have acceptable strength and fitness.
- Unu Raymi Expeditions will not permit any person less than 18 years of age or a minor to travel unaccompanied.
Ill Health or Disability
- If you are suffering from any illness or a disability, undergoing a medical treatment of some sort or have any other medical issues that the company should know about, you will have to let us know when you make your booking.
- Clearly state the nature of your condition and submit a request for any medication or treatment that you may need during the tour. In case you fail in informing us about such a situation, it would imply that you have breached these booking conditions which may result in your being exempted from the tour. In all these cases, no refunds are made whatsoever. Moreover, if your tour features include something like transportation via boat, you should let the company know if you cannot swim when you book the tour.
- You will not be stopped from going on the tour, but the details will let Unu Raymi Expeditions make arrangements for measures that provide you with additional safety.
Visas, Passport and Vaccinations
- As a traveller, it is entirely your own responsibility to have a valid passport, visa permit and required medicines for you (your party) during your tour.
- We will provide you with the latest information on these matters, but you accept that we have no liability towards them.
- Occasionally, as part of a trip plan, we may need to outsource operations to a third partner. These will be operators of very good reputation that we know and work with.
- All parts of any trip plan that are to be outsourced will be clearly communicated during the trip planning process.
- We reserve the right to alter, amend, postpone or cancel services arising from circumstances outside of our control (for example, but not limited too – local strikes affecting transport passage, severe or adverse weather conditions, pandemias etc.). In these kind of circumstances we will always to seek to find the best available alternative for your trip.
- We reserve the right to act in a manner that is responsible & delivers the security of your trip so as not to incur or present any significant risk or danger to your health & safety.
- Unu Raymi Expeditions will use the personal information you (your party) provide us with for organising all of your travel arrangements. Occasionally we may have to pass it on to our suppliers (if required for your trip) so that we are able to fulfill operations of the services which you have requested.
- However, we will endeavor to protect your information at all times, and use it only for official purposes for that which is necessary.
- Your receipt of a trip deposit is acknowledgement & acceptance of these terms and confirms that you (your party) have taken ample time to read the Booking Terms and Conditions. You also confirm that you (your party) have fully understood all the clauses and provide consent to all of them.
- You accept that any written or promotional material received or taken prior to, during & after your trip with us (photo media, videos, comments, communication etc.) bearing your name or image can be used by Unu Raymi Expeditions for promotional purposes in relation to business only.
There are no inquiries yet.