Full-Day Walkway Over the Hudson and Winery Tour
✈️ Search Flights
💎 Why we love it ?
The Walkway Over the Hudson is the longest and highest elevated pedestrian bridge in the world! Benmarl Winery is America’s oldest Vineyard! When you accompany two of those facts with a company that will bring you to and from your locations with professionalism, reliability, and friendliness, you can’t go wrong! Don’t feel guilty indulging one bit at your wineries because you got some exercise in during your amazing time at the Walkway Over the Hudson! Optional bike rentals are available upon request for the Walkway Over the Hudson. Please let us know ahead of time.
🏁 Tour Itinerary: Full-Day Walkway Over the Hudson and Winery Tour
Day 1: Hudson State Historic Park – Benmarl Vineyards & Winery Tour – Nostrano Vineyards
About the Walkway Over the Hudson: The Walkway over the Hudson provides access to the Hudson River’s breathtaking landscape for pedestrians, hikers, joggers, and bicyclists. Feel free to take a stroll at your leisure or rent a bike if you’d like (based on availability). This is self-guided with instruction. The bridge deck stands 212 feet (.06 km) above the Hudson River’s surface and is 6,768 feet (2.06 km) long, making it the longest and highest elevated pedestrian bridge in the world! This bridge is connected to the beautiful Hudson Valley Rail Trail.
About Benmarl Winery: Enjoy some wine at the oldest vineyard in America! This winery owns the claim to fame as having New York State Farm License number one! Nestled in the lush green hills of Marlboro, NY, and overlooking the historic Hudson River Valley, this 37-acre estate will leave you wanting more! Although history runs deep here, it is the tireless commitment to quality and consistency that has made Benmarl one of the premier wineries in the region. New York wines are making a huge name for themselves on the world stage and Benmarl is proud to be a leader in that movement.
Nostrano Vineyards is a picturesque and serene farm and vineyard. Enjoy wines, local cheeseboards & other delicious foods from this family-run winery. Take your pictures in the vineyard rows and at the beautiful weeping willow tree to capture the moment for a lifetime.
Terms & Conditions
IF WE CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR TRIP
1.1 ALT reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond ALT’s control.
1.2 Should change or cancellation proves necessary, ALT will give you reasonable notice thereof, in the circumstances, & where available, offer you a comparable alternative.
1.3 If an alternative is not available or acceptable you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to ALT without payment of any transfer or cancellation fee.
1.4 If the change or cancellation is due to circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil unrest, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural & nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic or health risk or other similar events beyond ALT’s control we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us in respect to your booking but only if and when we receive money back from deposits made with activities, hotels, transportation, etc.
1.5 ALT is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to ALT’s cancellations or rescheduling of any tour departure.
TRIP DETAILS & CONDITIONS
2.1 ALT will do our best, at our discretion, to select accommodation, activities, transportation, etc. to give you good value for your money.
2.2 ALT constantly strives to improve your days itineraries, accommodations, activities & features. If such improvements must be made due to unforeseen circumstances beyond ALT’s control, changes may be necessary. ALT reserves the right to vary itineraries & to substitute hotels, activities & transportation. ALT is not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to our variations or cancellations due to these unforeseen circumstances.
2.3 ALT reserves the right to alter or substitute the type, size and/or style of transportation. This may result in occasionally having to utilize transport without some of the features such as Wi-Fi. Please note there are strict laws in governing coach/bus/van/car driver's working and driving hours (for sleep and time off purposes) and this may necessitate utilizing public transportation in some locations.
2.4 Complimentary Wi-Fi service is available in many of ALT’s utilized guest-rooms and/or the public areas of most properties. In many itineraries there is also a choice for paid Wi-Fi in areas. The Wi-Fi on the buses/vans/coaches can be slower or not available at times. Be aware that in some areas throughout the tour, you may not have any cell service.
PAYMENT OPTIONS & CANCELLATION POLICY
Payment Option #1
- Upon booking, payment in full is made.
Payment Option #2
- Upon booking, 50% of the total cost of the trip is due.
- The other 50% is due 30 days prior to trip with no interest (but you don’t have to worry about it- your credit card or checking account you used upon booking will be charged automatically).
- If booking within 14 days, full payment is due upon booking.
- To set this up, simply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3.2 Cancellation Policy
- If a tour is cancelled more than 30 days prior to departure, all payments made are refundable (including taxes).
- If a tour is cancelled 29 to 15 days prior to the tour 50% of the total tour costs are forfeited (which includes taxes).
- If a tour is cancelled 14 to 8 days prior to the tour 75% of the total tour costs are forfeited (which includes taxes).
- If a tour is cancelled less than 7 days prior to the tour, 100% of the total tour costs are forfeited (which includes taxes).
3.3 Additional Cancellation Information:
- If you are unable to attend the trip you can transfer your spot to another person to avoid cancellation fees. You must inform Active Lifestyle Tours of the change.
- If you are unable to attend the trip, you can also receive a credit to attend the same or similar tour of a later date.
- These cancellation fees are in addition to any other cancellation fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent that you may have booked separately from us. We have no control over that.
- All payments are processed within the US.
MISCELLANEOUS TRIP DETAILS & CONDITIONS
4.1 Please read the website carefully for those items included in the price. No allowance or refund can be made for the included breakfasts and certain hotel amenities if one is such desired. Other activities that you elect not to partake in, you simply won’t be charged for. Be advised that hotel facilities may vary from place to place and breakfasts may vary in style.
4.2 Tour Guests must be over the age of 21 years old to consume alcohol during travel with ALT if traveling within the US. All other countries drinking laws must also be abided by while traveling within those country limits.
4.3 ALT strives to provide a safe, enjoyable and memorable travel experience for all on tour. ALT welcomes people with special needs or disabilities. However, please note the following:
- The tour guest or guests are required to advise ALT in advance of any physical, mental, medical or other special needs that require special accommodation.
- The tour guest shall consult their personal physician and get their opinion on them coming on the tour. ALT may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the tour. ALT may also exclude an individual from participating in a tour or an activity if that individual's participation poses a direct threat to health or safety.
- ALT does not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses) or services of a personal nature (such as assistance in eating, toileting or dressing). A companion capable of providing such assistance may accompany any person who requires services of a personal nature. ALT can and will assist to the best of their abilities as long as that assistance does not impede the ALT individual to conduct his job.
- Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the tour guests personal expense. ALT is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred because of medical services obtained while on tour, or for the quality of the care or services received. (See Hold Harmless Agreement).
- Tour guests should be aware some tours include rough terrain, extensive walking, hiking, uneven pavement, steps and locations which may not be easily accessible by wheelchair. During the tour, ALT uses other independent companies to provide services. These companies are independent entities over which ALT has no control. ALT will do their best to guarantee disability access or accommodations for tour guests that require such. However, many of our contracted services we use we do not have complete control over their ADA compliance.
4.4 ALT may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any potential tour guest or remove any tour guest who cannot comply or refuses to comply with ALT’s Terms and Conditions. ALT is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a tour guest is removed from a tour. Tour guests agree not to hold ALT or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these Terms and Conditions. (See Hold Harmless Agreement).
4.5 You are responsible for all travel arrangements & costs to/from the point the tour starts and ends unless discussed and negotiated (a price may apply) with ALT.
4.6 There may be times when the ALT Representative/Trip Leader must decide in your best interest or the best interests of the group. You agree to comply with the authority & decisions of the appointed ALT Representative/Trip Leader & the laws of the country in which you are traveling. If you do not so comply or if, in the ALT Representative's opinion, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment & well-being of other tour guests on the trip or smooth operation of the tour itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the tour. You would then get no refund. We do not tolerate the possession or carriage of illegal or restricted substances (drugs). Furthermore, you agree that your fellow travelers & any ALT Representative/Trip Leader has the right to travel/work in a safe environment. Any threats to their safety, well-being or inappropriate behavior by you, whether verbal or physical, will be taken extremely seriously & may result in the immediate termination of your tour with no refund. In such above-mentioned event, you will be responsible for your own departure & related costs as well as have no claims against ALT whatsoever.
4.7 You are responsible for any costs incurred because of damage or excess cleaning fees related to your accommodation or travel vehicles. You are advised to immediately report any pre-existing damage in your room or on a transportation vehicle to proper related staff and/or a ALT Trip Leader as soon as it’s discovered to avoid any conflict/charge/misunderstanding.
4.8 Where the tour guest occupies a bus, van, motor-coach, car fitted with a seat, neither the operator, service providers, agents, ALT Trip Leader/driver or co-operating organizations shall be liable for any illness, injury, death, loss, damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident. This includes whether or not the safety belt was not being worn at the time or being worn at the time of any accident or incident. (See Hold Harmless Agreement).
4.9 It is the responsibility of the tour guest to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and/ or certificates required for your tour as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable local laws. ALT is not responsible for any costs incurred because of failing to obtain necessary documents such as visas, passports, etc. Any costs whatsoever regarding obtaining, replacing or changing any of the above-mentioned travel certificates while on tour are at your own expense as well.
4.10 You agree that our ALT Representatives/Trip Leaders may take photographs & videos of you while you are on tour & that these may be used in our brochures, social media, website and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect to such photographs and/or films. If you do not agree to this, you may write to ALT offices or email and request such without any repercussions at all and ALT will honor such request.
4.11 Should you have a complaint in respect to the trip, you should inform the ALT Representative/Trip Leader immediately while on tour. If the matter cannot be resolved after the representative's best endeavors to do so during the tour, your complaint should be made in writing or email to ALT as soon as reasonably possible, but within 30 days of your tour end date. Your complaint would then be investigated fully. Any claims made after the 30-day period does NOT have to be considered by ALT.
4.12 If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed to be re-written to give effect to the same purpose within the permitted limits of the law. However, the validity & enforceability of all the other provisions shall not be affected.
4.13 If you are unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against ALT, you agree to pay all our costs, including but not limited to, attorney/client costs, legal fees, etc. (See Hold Harmless Agreement).
4.14 It is highly advised that you take out travel insurance before you travel on an ALT tour. We strongly recommend your insurance also covers cancellation, personal liability and loss of personal property. ALT cannot be held responsible for your failure to take out appropriate travel insurance. You also agree to indemnify ALT against all third-party claims, actions, damages and remedies which may be brought against ALT in respect to your participation in the tour. (See Hold Harmless Agreement). Travel insurance is available on our website through a separate third-party agency called Seven Colors. It is also highly advised that you have your own health insurance before you come on any tour with us.
ILLNESS OR ABSENTEEISM
4.15 In the event of your withdrawal from a tour after the start because of illness or injury, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim with your travel insurance company. ALT will not refund for any absence from the tour.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED and WHAT IS INLUCUDED IN THE TOUR PRICE (unless discussed and negotiated with ALT):
What’s not included in the tour price:
- airfare related costs including but not limited to baggage fees, airport parking fees, etc.
- transportation between airport and hotel
- lunches, dinners, beverages, snacks, room service, in room phone calls, cell phone international plans, laundry, etc.
- any additional room charges including mini bars, snacks and waters in the rooms.
- spa treatments and services
- hotel stays outside of tour dates
- all types of personal and travel insurance
- passport and visa fee’s
What is included in the tour price:
- Transportation throughout tour (private and not public)
- Group activities listed
- Hot breakfasts at hotels
- Tour Leaders
- Wi-Fi in hotels and some transportation vehicles
- Applicable taxes
*as stated above, all of these above bullets can be included or not included in the price of a tour if negotiated with ALT. We can make you a custom price for any custom tour you or your group would like. The above is simply the baseline and what is typically included and not included on a tour.
4.17 Under no circumstances can ALT be held responsible for weather conditions that cause change or cancellations of our tour guest’s trip. Most of ALT’s activities are rain or shine.
GENERAL CONTRACTING PARTIES
5.1 The Terms and Conditions detailed herein contain a contract between you & ALT. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation.
5.2 Enrollment in and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the tour guest and ALT of these Terms and Conditions which cannot be varied. No specific signature is required. However, ALT will always have these Terms and Conditions available on our website as well as our Hold Harmless Agreement for the guest to view.
5.3 ALT is not a carrier nor does ALT own any hotels, aircraft, buses, vans, coaches, etc. All bookings with these types of carriers, and services listed above are subject to the terms, conditions & limitations of liability imposed by those such places/services. Please note that some of these limit or exclude liability in respect to death, personal injury, delay, loss, or damage to baggage. While ALT cannot accept any responsibility for any loss because of such actions or because of any act or omission of any such above mentioned party, ALT will give every reasonable assistance in helping our tour guests to resolve any reasonable dispute. Please also note that ALT cannot be held responsible for the failure of any of these above-mentioned parties to provide facilities or services for our tour guests with special needs or disabilities. ALT will of course do our very best to accommodate anyone with a disability.
5.4 Every effort is made to ensure ALT’s website and social media’s accuracy. However, ALT cannot be held responsible for typographical errors, pictures or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
5.5 ALT is doing our very best to make our website ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant. It is an ongoing effort to do so to the best of our abilities. Please feel free to contact us if you find anything that does not seem ADA compliant and we will certainly work to fix the problem.
There are no inquiries yet.